Policies & Guidelines
Unless otherwise noted, please note the following policies and procedures set forth by the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Dean's Office.
Rooms are not available for dates that are 6 months in advance of date the request is created in the system.
Requestors should only request a room for the length of time that the meeting will actually occur. The system is designed to adjust reservations based on the requestor's response to whether or not food will be served and the meeting format selected. Rooms may only be occupied for the time period requested. It is expected that users will respect the requested time periods, request only the time required for the meeting and vacate promptly by the end of the requested time.
Special notice regarding reservations in 63-105 and 73-105 CHS. These rooms are dedicated to teaching of first-year and second-year medical students in the David Geffen School of Medicine. If your reservation has received approval for assignment in either of these rooms, please be aware that your reservation may be reassigned to an alternate room should a conflict occur. We will do everything possible to ensure plenty of advance notice and to assist you in securing an alternate room.
MacDonald Research Laboratories (MRL)
Please note that MRL 1-441 does not contain an active phone line.
Center for Health Sciences (CHS)
Conference Rooms in CHS:
- The David Geffen School of Medicine conference rooms are for the exclusive use of faculty, staff and trainees in the DGSOM. When scheduling permits, the rooms will be made available to the Schools of Dentistry, Public Health, and Nursing. Rooms may not be scheduled for or rented to outside sources.
- Conference rooms with special equipment supporting video conferencing (i.e. Hollywood and Beverly Hills) are primarily intended for use where video conferencing is required. In these rooms priority will always be given to video conferencing events.
- Conference rooms are to remain locked when not in use. Keys may be obtained from the Dean's Office receptionist (12-138 CHS) from 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday. Keys returned after hours may be left in the drop-box outside of the Dean's Office.
- Users will be charged for lost or unreturned keys.
- If a conference room is left dirty, in disarray, or not in the original configuration by the preceding occupant, immediate notification to the Dean's Office should be made to avoid clean-up charges levied against current occupant.
- Rooms must be left clean and in the same configuration in which they are found:
- Tables and chairs must be returned to the original configuration (where applicable)
- Food must be removed
- Trash must be thrown into receptacles
- Tables and credenzas must be wiped clean
- Food and trash must be picked up off the floor
- White boards should be erased
- Users/departments will be charged a minimum $100 cleaning fee for failure to comply and may lose the privilege of utilizing these rooms in the future.
- Wired Connectivity: All rooms contain enabled network data ports labeled DATA.
- Wireless Connectivity: All rooms have wireless connectivity. Connect to UCLA_WiFi wireless with a Bruin Online (BOL) account. To create a BOL account, go to http://www.bol.ucla.edu/services/.
- Telephone: Most rooms contain an active phone jack (labeled PHONE) in the table or on the wall. A teleconference phone may be ordered through ITS at x53333. Service provided by the School of Medicine is limited to local calls. National and international calls require a Telephone Authorization Card, which may be ordered through ITS. Teleconferencing charges are the responsibility of the department. Please contact the AV Helpdesk at x66914 to verify which rooms have telephone connectivity.
Lecture Halls in CHS:
- Lecture halls are maintained by and for the use of faculty, staff and trainees in the DGSOM. When scheduling permits, lectures halls will be made available to the Schools of Dentistry, Public Health, and Nursing. Rooms may not be scheduled for or rented to outside sources.
- Lecture halls are available from 7:00am-6:00pm, Monday - Friday.
- Lecture halls must be left clean.
- Lecture halls are scheduled on the hour and must be vacated on the hour. Please be courteous to those who come before you and after you.
- Wired Connectivity: All rooms contain enabled network data ports. In classrooms/lecture halls data ports are located at the podium and/or on the wall. All enabled data ports are labeled ACTIVE.
- Wireless Connectivity: All rooms have wireless connectivity. Connect to UCLA_WiFi wireless with a Bruin Online (BOL) account. To create a BOL account go to: http://www.bol.ucla.edu/services/.
Goldschmied Neuroscience and Genetics Research Center (Gonda)
Please note the following policies and procedures set forth by the Goldschmied Neuroscience and Genetics Research Center (Gonda).
Conference Room in Gonda:
- The 1st floor conference room is intended to provide conference room and seminar space for the occupants of the Gonda Building who have priority for use of the conference room, along with the Dean's Office, School of Medicine. Other departments and staff of the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and other campus departments may reserve the conference room no sooner than 30 days prior to their event.
- All events scheduled in the Gonda conference room must end by close of business day, i.e. 5:00pm, Monday - Friday, unless reserved by a Gonda resident.
- Staff from the Gonda Building will respond to your request by email within three (3) business days. Please provide at least three (3) days' notice for all request.
- Please note that on very rare, occasions, at the Director's or Chair's discretion a reservation may be canceled for a special event.
For additional information, please visit the Gonda Conference Room Reservations.
Neuroscience Research Building (NRB)
Auditorium in NRB:
- Keys may be obtained from the Dean's Office receptionist (12-138 CHS) from 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday. Keys returned after hours may be left in the drop-box outside of the Dean's Office.
- Users will be charged for lost or unreturned keys.
- Lobby may be used as a prefunction space as long as exit pathways are left clear. Tables and seating for registration and catering are available. Email DGSOM Facilities - 4 business days prior to your event required. Please ensure the catering provider removes all service items (canisters, supplies, etc.) after the conclusion of the event.
- No food or drink is permitted in the auditorium.
- Audio-Visual support: Questions related to audio-visual support in the NRB Auditorium should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 206-3108 a minimum of 4 business days prior to your event.
- Wired Connectivity: Auditorium contains enabled network data ports labeled DATA.
- Wireless Connectivity: Auditorium and lobby have wireless connectivity. Connect to UCLA_WiFi wireless with a Bruin Online (BOL) account. To create a BOL account, go to http://www.bol.ucla.edu/services/.